Thursday, March 05, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

When I arrived at the Hertz pick-up location at the Nashville airport earlier this week, I quickly glanced at the board, found my stall number, and started walking to my car. It was a silver Chevy HHR. I opened the back door to throw my sizeable suitcase in there and found an interesting double decker space for luggage. As I was trying to figure out whether to put it on the top or the bottom rack, a friendly Hertz employee walked up and offered to put my bags in the car for me. I graciously accepted. He then proceeded to explain how to exit the parking garage. Very helpful for directionally challenged people like myself. Finally, he bid me good day and walked off.

He didn't have to do that. It's not part of his job description. But he did it anyway. He executed a random act of kindness. The coolest part about random acts of kindness is that they keep giving. When I am the recipient, I am encouraged to be the provider the next time around.

What random acts of kindness have you received or provided recently?

No comments: