Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Whole New World

In a fit of despair and angst during one of my trips up north, I decided that buying something really expensive might help me feel better. So I went to bose.com to order these:

It did make me feel better (albeit temporarily), but even more importantly (once I finally received them after much hassle with UPS due to a missing Suite #) they have changed my life forever.

Did you know that airplanes are actually very noisy? I never realized this until I took my first flight with my new treasure. Oh my Gosh! (I can't say "Oh my God!" because Rebecka's teacher says we shouldn't take the Lord's name in vain - gotta love this separation of Church and State thing)

Anyway - what a difference a $350 pair of noise cancelling headphones make. I can actually hear myself think now. I am getting work done - and getting rest as well.

Yay!

I felt kind of guilty getting them with all the starving people in the world, etc, etc... But I wouldn't go back to the "come-with-your iPod" headphones for anything. A totally worthwhile purchase. (Gotta love justification for materialism)

No comments: