Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Traveling Light: Transportation

Week four of TreeHugger training is all about transportation. I am both good and bad in this category:

Good
  • I drive an Echo. It gets 40 miles per gallon when I drive the speed limit.

  • Proximity to work is fairly good. If I was a fully developed TreeHugger, I would bike.

  • We live within walking distance to a grocery store and a farmer's market. (Too bad the Co-op is so far away!)
Bad
  • I travel a good bit for work.

  • My vacation often involves flying across the Atlantic.

  • Either Todd or I drive somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 miles most weekends so we can spend time together. (Totally worth it, btw!)
My goal this week is to find out more about purchasing carbon offsets so I can feel better about those trips to Europe and Iowa.

I'll let you know what I find...

No comments: