Saturday, July 09, 2005

date night

Took the commuter train into Stockholm's Central Station. Walked down some of the main shopping streets before heading down to "Gamla Stan" or "Old Town," the medieval part of the capital. It is really cool - just a tad too touristy. However, we didn't let that stop us and found a nice restaurant on the main square. It met the three criteria of having a bathroom, available seats in the outdoor seating area, and main courses under $30. It was cozy.

Unfortunately, there was something wrong with my food, so now I feel like crap and like I'm going to throw up. Todd says it's all in my head (and he has good grounds for his statement - most of my afflictions are all in my head)... But today I think it's mostly in my stomach. The thing is, I'm one of those people who will go to great lengths not to throw up, so I probably won't. Instead, I'll lie very still on the couch and watch LOTR III. Should help.

PS. Stockholm needs to stop charging for the use of bathrooms. It's such a mean thing to do.

2 comments:

..:: J ::.. said...

Hope you are feeling better now ... and soon to have a marathon of the trilogy myself.. the ring.. is calling to me.

Anonymous said...

Love your stories of your journey through the Motherland....Glad to read that you all are having a great time. Brianna says Hi to Rebecka. Todd, stay safe. Tabita, see you in a few weeks.
--joanne