Sunday, January 07, 2007

Domestic Tabita

I, husband of Tabita, have been afforded the great honor of serving as a guest blogger. She allowed me to do it on the provision that I write only about her, and not about other mundane things like world hunger or AIDS.

Tabita has undergone a transformation since returning from vacation in Sweden. She has become domestic. Yes, Tabita has been participating in household chores. Yesterday, she cleaned (with Rebecka's help) all of the downstairs - wiping down the counters, cleaning out the refrigerator, scrubbing the sink, organizing her piano music, picking up all of the clutter, and mopping the floor. She and Rebecka also baked - that's right, Tabita baked. And I wasn't even here to show her how to turn on the oven! They made minttoppar, little shortbread cookies with mint in the middle - actually, since Rebecka didn't want the mint, they substituted melted chocolate.

Today, Tabita and Rebecka made an awesome lunch - apple bourbon pork loin, potato wedges, green peas, and a salad. Then, they both put up the laundry. It almost brought me to tears.

I love domestic Tabita. Of course, I love not-so-domestic Tabita too, because she brings home the bacon. I eagerly await the unfolding of 2007 to see how well domestic Tabita and not-so-domestic Tabita get along. Even if they don't, I'll still love them both.

No comments: