Friday, July 25, 2008

Moving Day

This is our last day in Nashville (at least as residents). The movers are loading up the truck as I type. As always when the Greens move, it's been raining cats and dogs. Fortunately, the skies are now clear and we hope that we'll be out of here in a couple of hours.

We have been trying really hard to move as little "stuff" as possible. A lot has gone to Goodwill (btw, check out itsdeductible.com - very cool). We have also given stuff to friends and thrown out stuff that nobody in the right mind would want. We're still at 300+ lines on the mover's inventory. Crazy! Hopefully, we can get rid of even more before the next move.

The kitchen is the main culprit. I keep thinking I'm going to get into cooking more and I may need that 5th pan, if I'm cooking a lot at once... Like on Thanksgiving. I do plan to cook more in our new home. Mostly, because I'm going to be home more and I like to eat home-cooked food. I can honestly say, I'd rather eat a good meal at home than at a restaurant.

Anyway, I'm really hungry. I may need to go make myself a peanutbutter sandwich. That's about all we have left to eat. And Bumpers. We cannot live without Bumpers. We're really hoping our new grocery store will have Bumpers. If not, we may have to order them online.

Bye bye Nashville!

No comments: