Thursday, May 14, 2009

Biking Update and 1Sky

My first week of biking to work didn't go so well. My planned biking day (Wednesday) suffered from lots of wet, stormy weather. I'm not quite equipped for that. I had hoped to substitute with Thursday, but remembered late last night that my dog goes to doggy daycare on Thursdays. Hmmm... What is a bike-loving girl to do?

Well, I woke up, gulped down some water, swallowed a handful of Bear Naked granola and headed out for a bike ride around the neighborhood. I got a good 30 minute ride in and it felt great! My entire backside (and my bike) was covered with mud after the adventure, but that just made it so much cooler.

On a different, but related note, I just joined 1Sky, which is this environmental activist site focused on pressuring local politicians to do something about the current crises. Very cool. I'm the eight person joining from Wisconsin's 5th district...

Go Green!

No comments: