Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wedding in India


The Americans + some
Originally uploaded by tabita.
So, I just got back from India. Again. This time I went for my friends Prasad and Madhuri's marriage. It was such a gift to be able to be present for their big day(s). Yes, it's not just a one-day event, for sure. Lots of rituals and formalities that we can't even begin to imagine here.

There was much hanging out and eating and dancing and shopping and more shopping. Last time I got made to order shoes... This time it was made to order jewelry. Too cool. My friend Balu is the best haggler in the world. :)

The procession to the wedding hall from Prasad's home was amazing. For the first part, I got to ride in the car with the groom and his sister and aunt. For the second part, I was "forced" to get out and dance with the other people. It was a blast. I suck at dancing. :)

Thanks to Todd and Rebecka for letting me go - they are so good. I promise I'll introduce you to my third home country one of these days.

Now I need to start thinking about Christmas. Shopping with Todd today - what a joy.

No comments: