Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Workout Notes

There is a new, fancy, flat-screen TV in the hotel workout room.

I turned it on and automatically turned to channel 34 (VH1) hoping for the best. This channel hasn't been working for several weeks, so last week I filed a complaint about it (I can't workout properly without VH1!). Now it works! I'd like to think it's all because of me, so that's what I'll think.

Some favorites that were played today:

"Nolita Fairytale" by Vanessa Carlton
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day
"Waiting On The World To Change" by John Mayer

I'll have to ask Rebecka to download these. She is my iTunes manager. I buy the cards and she finds the music and magically puts it on my red iPod. It's a wonderful thing.

So I decided to get on the treadmill to see how long I could go before my knee started complaining. It ended up being the traditional 15 minutes. What the heck!?! I can't keep going like this. So I took a 15 minute elliptical "break" and got back on the treadmill. I was able to go for 20 more minutes!

I would have gotten back on the elliptical after that, except a slightly pregnant young woman reading Parenting Magazine (cute!) had stolen it. So, I returned to my room for some strength training and stretching.

Life is good when I can workout.

PS. I have been in a consistently happy/content/relaxed state for 48 consecutive hours. I'm not sure what I'm doing right, but I'm going to keep doing it...

No comments: