Monday, August 25, 2008

My new toy!

I have a new toy. It is a Yamaha electric piano (or "Portable Grand Piano," as they tout it). We sold our "real" piano before we moved and I've been going through withdrawals ever since. The cool part about this piano is that you get the good electric piano features as well as a lot of the "keyboard" functionality (think funky sounds, percussion, MIDI, etc). Here is a picture:

I'm soooo excited!!! I'll have the neighbors banging on the walls in no time. :)

Btw, I've seen Mamma Mia! The Movie three times now. This is a record for me. In fact, before this, I don't know that I'd seen any movie more than once in the theater. The movie is sweet, crazy, energizing, emotional, funny, and has tons of great choreography. A must see movie. Not a great plot, of course (since the creators were kind of constrained by the lyrics in the ABBA songs), but nevertheless awesome.

My friend Beth sent me an article attempting to explain why ABBA's music is so catchy. You can read it here. I know I can't get the songs out of my head and every time I hear one, it puts a smile on my face... and I don't think it's just because I'm Swedish.

No comments: