Monday, December 15, 2008

Grattis Pappa!

My dad turns 69 today. He is one of the coolest people I know. He can do anything from fix a car to bake a wedding cake to deliver a sermon. When we were little, he was generally just as excited as we were (or more) about building lego castles or going cross-country skiing. In fact, he even participated in the worlds larges cross-country skiing race, Vasa Loppet, once.

However, the thing that I like most about my dad is his generosity. He loves giving. It doesn't matter if it is time, money, or knowledge. If he had more, he would give more. He gives freely.

I got a lot of traits from my dad (taking care of the family finances, making lists, a love of running, etc, etc). However, the trait I most wish to foster is that of generosity. I have received so much and my desire is to give back and make the world a better place. I believe I can make a difference.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments: