Sunday, August 06, 2006

getting back into running

Ever since I went to India back in Sept/Oct (and didn't run for 3 weeks), I haven't been in the zone with my running. No more running back home from dessert parties on Christmas Day or freaking out if I have to skip two days in a row.

Yes, I completed a half marathon in the spring, but I'm still not where I was.

This is about to change. I have now run 1+ hour runs two days in a row and I'm determined to get back to the point where a run under 60 minutes just isn't worth the time it takes to put on my running shoes. The hot, humid weather (even at 6:30 in the morning) isn't helping, but I figure if I can get back into it in this heat, there is nothing that will make me stop.

Biggest motivator: catching up with Todd. No, I'm not competitive...

No comments: