Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stream of consciousness...

The internet password at my hotel this week is "jailorange."

I like oranges. They make me feel healthy.

What do you think about Hillary's mandatory health insurance idea? Makes sense to me. If you have a car, you must have car insurance. If you have a body, you should have health insurance. Are cars more important than people?

Do you know what the world's most sold car is? It's the Swedish candy car:


When I was in Jr. High, I used to stop by the store on the way home from school and buy a bag of "Bilar" (Cars), go home, curl up on the couch and read a good book while munching on the yummy cars. That was not so healthy.

That was then. This is now.

My family thinks I'm a health freak. I think they secretly buy junk food while I'm gone on business trips. Although... Todd is being really healthy right now. I'm impressed. He stopped putting cheese on pasta. This is a BIG deal.

I'm losing 5 lbs in 4 weeks. Yep. My jeans are tight. I need them to be non-tight. I have this picture on my desktop for motivation:


I don't really want to be this skinny (not even sure if it is physiologically possible considering my viking build), but I think the concept is helping.

I realized I needed to lose an inch or so when I went shopping for jeans this weekend and realized I didn't comfortably fit into a size 6 anymore. I don't really feel like replacing my entire wardrobe.

It's hard to maintain weight when traveling. Really hard. Best way is not to go out for dinner. But going out for dinner is fun and relaxing. Solution: Go out for dinner and eat a salad.

I've had salad two days in a row. I feel good.

I'm working out in the morning. I'm excited.

This means I should wrap up work and sleep soon.

This means I should stop this stream of consciousness.

2 comments:

katie said...

a friend of ours yesterday said something like "dinner is a luxury. I find that if I eat a pretty good breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack, I don't really need much at night.
I've finally kicked my India weight, and I'm not exactly sure how, but may have been a combination of:
-limiting meat & dairy
-going to this hour long cardio/strength class once a week
-snacking a little less
-and maintaining my other usual fitness activities...
I still wouldn't say that I'm as "health conscious" as you though...your blog gives me inspiration...
:o)

Tabita said...

My ultimate goal is to inspire. So yay!