Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am a Twilight Convert

Ever since we moved up north, Rebecka has been reading the Twilight series pretty much non-stop (aside from some HP and Clique books interspersed here and there). In fact, she reads so much, her science teacher actually told her during a parent/student/teacher conference she should read less! (More time for science studies...) She's tried to get me to read the books a couple of times, but I never really had any interest. I mean, I have more "important" books to read like Sketching User Interfaces, Tuned In, and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle...

However, this past Friday, I took her for the opening night of Twilight, the movie. I am now hooked. It's not like the movie is an Oscar contender or anything, but something about it struck a chord in me. Needless to say, I am now 243 pages into the first book and I'm sure I'll keep reading for some time tonight (and very much regret it when the alarm goes off at 4:30 AM tomorrow morning).

Vampires are cool...

No comments: