Friday, December 31, 2004

vacation notes

Ok - so I guess I took vacation from the blog too... Not intentionally - just been away and I can't deal with dial-up. Is that the epitome of impatience (or perhaps of a Type A personality)?

Nevertheless, I (we) had a lovely and relaxing time in Mobile, home of the Green clan. There was much fudge, divinity, and Honey Baked Ham and very little to do (which was great!). We mostly slept, ate, watched TV, ran/walked in the neighborhood, went to Starbucks, and tried on old jackets from the attic:



The last evening, I did manage to get everyone to get together to play this fun-filled game called Apples to Apples (look - it's so fun that it sold out!). I lost miserably every round, but still managed to have fun (now that is a good game!) :



Rebecka and I also had a mother-daughter afternoon one day and went to see Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was action-packed (to me) and quite funny at times, but lacked the awesomeness of the books. Rebecka loved it tho, and that's all that matters. But I think she had even more fun playing with Apple David and Apple Mike:



Now we're back in Nashville and spent the better part of yesterday trying to find a comforter cover for our bed. I think we finally succeeded at eddiebauer.com. Check it out (it's the stripes - not the flowers...)! It will have Cardinal colored sheets to go with it. Now I have to figure out the bathroom! Guh - this is just taking way too long... ;)

Until next year then...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait! Do you have a signed release saying you can put pictures of me in tacky band jackets on your blog?!?

I think not!

But I guess that's what it means to be entwined in the life of a blogger...

Anonymous D, for D-ialup

Tabita said...

But you look so hot!! All of you! :)

katie said...

I enjoyed the retro-jacket pic!
And, the little card shark shot of Rebecka!
I just wanted to say, my ole Nashville roomie (a Wisconsin native), Tristan used to swear by Apples to Apples. We had so much fun with that game: it caused much uncontrolable laughter and good times! I'm glad to hear its being enjoyed by others...

Tabita said...

Next time you're down here, we'll have to get together and play. :)