Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hairspray...

...rocks!!!! I love dancing and singing movies. Makes me want to be a dancer. (I've got to work on that...)

Anyway, I took Rebecka and one of her little friends to see the movie today. Rebecka and Todd had already seen it and Rebecka had downloaded some of the music onto her iPod, so I had an idea about what I was about to experience. After being turned down at one movie theater (3:15 PM show sold out... WT...?), we rushed to the less stylish, less clean, but, on the upside, less populated Regal Hollywood 27 at a dying mall north of our house and managed to catch the 3:30 PM show. We loaded up on popcorn, drinks, and Milk Duds and spent the next 1 1/2 hours in pure bliss. As Todd later stated, "This is the most up-beat movie I have ever seen." It is pure joy. Go see it.

Other than that, we have been doing a massive amount of socializing this weekend (for us). On Saturday night, we had Todd's professor/advisor and his wife over for Swedish meatballs and other Swedish food. They are descendants of Swedes, so they enjoyed it very much. I also sang some traditional Swedish songs for them and they hummed along when they recognized the tune. It was a very pleasant evening indeed.

Today, one of Todd's friends from college and her family stopped by on their way from Missouri to Alabama. We had a nice lunch with them and also played Apples to Apples (our favorite game). At the end, I went upstairs and continued to read Harry Potter (nope - haven't gotten through it yet), so that the rest of the gang could discuss the book. I'm on page 107 of 700 something. Every time I start reading, I fall asleep because I'm so exhausted. I was supposed to read it all this weekend, but that didn't quite happen. I'm going to give it another shot right now. Let's see how it goes.

[singing] Without love... Life is like the seasons with no summer. Without love... Life is rock 'n' roll without a drummer...

No comments: