Monday, February 09, 2009

New Habit: Email Processing

Today, I started my first 30 Day Power of Less Challenge via zenhabits. My goal is to check work email only three times per day. This is to improve focus and concentration as well as save time by processing email in batch. I don't have a limit as to how many emails I read/respond to/etc. I think getting it down to just three times a day is a big enough challenge to start with. My schedule is as follows:

9:00 AM
1:00 PM
4:30 PM

I have blocked my calendar during these times so I can make sure to stick with the regular schedule. In between these times, I keep Outlook on the "Offline" setting. I can already tell that I am being more productive and using alternate (and better) means of communication such as picking up the phone or walking down the hall to resolve simple issues or ask a question.

More time for me...

No comments: