In fact, it was so much fun that I tried it a couple of hours later when Rebecka and I decided to share a banana to hold us over until we got home and could eat lunch. Yep - I made half of a banana last for 20 minutes. I wonder if a banana has ever been savored in this manner (at least in the US).
This little food experiment made me think about how the concept of "pace yourself" really is always a good idea. Think about it:
- Pace yourself at work: Nobody wins when good employees burn out.
- Pace yourself when you run: You don't want to have to quit the race before you reach the finish line.
- Pace yourself when you eat: You will enjoy your food more, you will know when you've had enough, and your stomach and intestines will thank you.
- Pace yourself in life: Take a day off every week, don't try to do everything at once, focus on one goal at a time per Leo's advice.
- Pace yourself when you brush your teeth: Three minute rule!
I spent 20 minutes eating dinner tonight - and enjoyed every bite.