Friday, February 27, 2009

Light A Candle

When I was last in Sweden, I was re-inspired to light candles. Everywhere I went, people were lighting candles. Taper candles, tea candles, scented candles, and every other candle you can imagine. My new philosophy is that candles are not just for special occasions, but should be lit as often as possible. For example, eating by candlelight should not be reserved for your anniversary dinner.

One morning last week, I could sense that Rebecka was having a horrible, terrible, very bad, no good day. As she stomped off to take Sophie for her morning walk, I decided I would cook her a nice breakfast and light the tea candles in our Ittala candle holders on the kitchen table. When she returned from the walk and saw the prepared table, her sprits lifted and suddenly, life wasn't so bad.

Lighting a candle before bedtime creates a calm that's required to help everybody wind down after a busy day. I like to light a scented candle on our bar in the kitchen and turn out the lights after dinner to help soothe the mood and get ourselves centered for sleep.

Sometimes, I light a candle in the bathroom and take my shower in its flickering light. It's a pretty serene experience.

And the best part is that you can create insanely cozy moments with very little investment in time and money.

All you have to do is light a candle!

1 comment:

Shamimaaktershilpy said...


ONLY BUSSINESS WE DO IS COIN OPERATED LAUNFROMATS MEANING PEOPLE PUT IN COINS IN WASHER AND DRYERS TO CLEAN THERE CLOTHES
OUR BIGGEST SELLER OVER THE SEARCH ENGINES IS THE WE ARE OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY TO CLEAN YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY
North York 24 hour coin laundromats