Monday, March 16, 2009

Donations of the Month: Baylor University and Birmingham-Southern College

As I mentioned in a post earlier this year, I believe giving is a gift and a privilege. This is why I have taken great care this year to make sure that our charitable donations are clearly thought out and well planned. Every month, we have one or more designated recipients of these funds.

This month, the recipients are the two institutions where we received our undergraduate degrees:

Birmingham-Southern College is Todd's alma mater. He enjoyed four years of liberal arts education at this fine institution. The classes are small and the professors really care. This is also where we met and fell in love. For those of you who know us, you won't be surprised that much of the courting took place in the library. We hope that our humble donation will help enable the education of someone who otherwise would not be able to afford this type of school.

Baylor University is my alma mater. I only spent two years here, but they were two of the best years of my life. I loved my computer science professors and how much I learned every single day. I also made friends for life. I was honored to receive a scholarship from the Computer Science Endowed Excellence Fund when I was at Baylor and I am so thrilled to be able to give back.

Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.
- John D. Rockefeller Jr.

No comments: