Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Winter vs. Spring

March in Wisconsin is a very curious experience. One day it's 60 degrees and sunny and wonderful. The next day it's 18 degrees and cloudy and miserable. One day it's raining, the next morning there is a white sheet of snow covering the limp grass, which longs for sun and rain to help it become radiantly green again.

It's like Winter and Spring are in a very even arm-wrestling match. One day Winter is stronger and pushing Spring down, saying "Wait, wait! I'm not done freezing the world yet." Another day Spring is pushing back, saying "But everybody is waiting for me! Let me return with my sun and rain and flowers and birds."

Today, winter is stronger. Cold, howling winds rattled my window all night making it fairly impossible to sleep. It's 18 degrees outside.

Come on Spring, you can do it!
You can beat that Winter.

No comments: