Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dreams...

I am dreaming so much while here in Sweden on vacation. Or at least I am remembering my dreams. Before I came here, I can't remember the last dream I had and now they're vivid and occurring every night.

Maybe it's as simple as that my modified sleeping schedule here (never waking up before 8:30 or 9 AM) is allowing me to wake up right after REM sleep? Most days I am able to continue with the dream - if it is intriguing - in a half-awake state. I am sleeping more than I have in a long, long time, so I guess it makes sense that I would get the opportunity for more dreaming.

We have a dream group at church. I'm not sure what they do - it always sounded a little fishy to me. Maybe I should check it out - now that I actually remember some of my dreams. Or not - I'd rather spend valuable free-time singing in some choir. Anyway, it's actually quite interesting that many Christians (including myself) are so skeptical to dream interpretations and the like. It seems too "mystical," I suppose. The thing is that dreams have a fairly prominent role in the Bible:

Think about Joseph - he saved a whole nation (or two - in a way) with his dream about the skinny and fat cows. Although, he did get into a lot of trouble with this brothers with the dream about the bowing sheafs... And remember when God warned Joseph and Mary in a dream that they had to leave Bethlehem to avoid the slaughter? Good thing they paid attention to their dreams.

Perhaps it's time that I listen more to my dreams - when I do have the luxury of remembering them...

No comments: