Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mellandagarna continue...

Back to what we've been up to over the "mellandagarna" (the middle days - the days between Christmas and New Year's)...

Friday, we had a "Gröt lunch" (porridge lunch) here at the house for select relatives. Not really select - just the ones who felt like getting out in the dreary cold and travel either by train or car to see me and the family. It ended up being a lot of my favorite (not that I have any) relatives such as Lisa with family, Rebecka with boyfriend Anders, Tomas & Ulrika with family, Anders & Runa with sons, and of course aunt Kina (she always brings presents).

It was nice to see their smiling faces and catch up since last time. The gröt was obviously fantastic and my mother pulled off another perfect get-together - as always.

Saturday, we went to visit David, Emily, Ester and Levi in their home in Bagarmossen. We ate a lovely lunch, played hide-and-seek and enjoyed good conversation.

Like father, like son...

Then it was time to get dressed and head down toward the subway station to catch a ride into "Gamla Stan" (Old Town). There we wandered around in drizzling rain, popping into a little nick-knack store here, taking a little coffee break there, and just having a grand time. I found several little treasures, including a little red, wooden pig candle holder that greatly resembled a candle holder that we grew up with each Christmas. I just *had* to buy it!

We eventually made our way back to the subway and started walking back to the apartment. Ester was a little tired and cranky, so we ended up singing songs as per her wishes all the way home to stop the crying. I never realized how hard it is to sing and push a stroller up hills at the same time... I am all the more impressed with Madonna and the way she can sing and dance around on the stage like she does.

Later that evening, I went with my brother Tobias to see "The Holiday" - it is sooooo cute! Definitely will buy the DVD when it comes out. Highly recommend it. It was a nice time.

Whew - I feel like that is a lot of activity and I'm not even done yet...

This morning I sang again at my parents' church with Miriam and Rebecka. It was a lot of fun. Rebecka and I both have the performance gene and have a certain craving to be on "stage". Not that the church podium should be compared with a stage, but it is still a beautiful feeling of singing and playing for the enjoyment/happiness of other people that is just breath-taking. I love every second of it.

Additional New Year's resolutions: Sing and play more, take voice lessons, buy a guitar (whew - my list is getting so massive!)...

Less than 24 hours left here now... We're having a small, intimate New Year's party at home tonight. Need to go shopping for that. Need to pack. Need to get a New Year's letter out to friends and family. Need to stop blogging.

No comments: