Sunday, October 24, 2004

oatmeal

Those of you who interact with me on a daily or almost daily basis know that oatmeal is my breakfast of choice 99.9% of the time... In fact, it's not just breakfast, it's a spiritual experience.

It took quite some time for my pals at work to convince me that instant oatmeal is a viable option... but once I got over that barrier a whole new world opened up to me - oatmeal at work! And now I can't really function if I don't start my day at work off with a good bowl of this wonderful porridge. :)

Anyway, when I'm at home, I still cook my oatmeal the old fashioned way - on the stove... And this week I had a new oatmeal revelation... the one minute 'Quick Oats'... I've seen this option at the store and always shied away from it, thinking that it must not taste as good or have the same perfect consistency as 'Old Fashioned Oats' - because - if it did, why would you ever buy the 'Old Fashioned' variety??

Hello, why didn't I try this years ago? Think of all the time I could've saved. There is absolutely no difference folks! So why on earth do people still buy the 'Old Fashioned Oats'? It's a mystery.

Tabita oatmeal trivia: I eat it with milk in the bowl at home, but at work I have it with milk on the side... don't ask...

No comments: