Saturday, October 30, 2004

older than i look?

So - at Rebecka's bball game today (pics to come), the mom next to me thought that I was Rebecka's sister. "You look like you're 14 or 15!" Ehm - no... I don't know if it was the childish curls framing my face after my recent run or the fact that I hadn't had time to put on make-up yet... In any case - this happens to me all the time...

On the first day of my first teaching job (Jr High music) the principal saw me in the hallway and thought I was one of the students... I was 21...

On the first day of attending our church in Waco, an elderly couple behind me introduced themselves and asked who I was. "Oh, I'm the minister's wife..." To which they responded: "You don't look old enough to be married!! You look like you're still in High School!" I was 24...

And every time a new employee at work finds out I have a seven-year-old, they exclaim: "You don't look old enough to have a child!" I am 30...

And I'm loving it!! :)

No comments: