Sunday, October 31, 2004

weekend happenings

Ok - first of all - what happened to fall and why is it summer again? It's so confusing... I thought winter came after fall... and I have all these cute, new fall outfits to wear and it's too warm...

I went to see a Christmas movie this weekend wearing a tank-top, short skirt, and sandals... That just does not seem right. The movie (Surviving Christmas) was actually surprisingly funny. Of course, I went into it with zero (or more like -10) expectations thanks to my best friend who thinks Ben Affleck is the Anti-Christ (or wait - I think that's Karl Malone - not sure what the official terminology for Affleck is...) Anyway - now I know why Todd is always having totally low expectations, it really makes things seem better!

On a completely different note, my "intergenerational choir" (still haven't decided on a name) sang in the 11 o'clock service at our church today... It was an historic moment - we had drums... Yes, those evil instruments that are frequently mentioned in the Bible as instruments of choice... It was all good. Haven't received any hate mail yet.

Oh - and Happy Halloween...! We had some fun-filled pumkin carving take place earlier today and then of course took our little pilgrim (don't ask) out to gather lots of candy... She was quite successful with 140+ pieces.

I think that's enough for now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the following line sums up your friend's position on Affleck:

"It's like he's Satan, Saddam, and Bin Laden all wrapped into one."

And we're talking about Post-2001 Affleck... I've got no beef with Pre-2002 Affleck ;-)

appwiz said...

"It's like he's Satan, Saddam, and Bin Laden all wrapped into one."

Sounds like a line from Team America the movie.

Tabita said...

Wow - that's almost worse than the Anti-Christ...

Anonymous said...

Team America is good, but even it doesn't have lines THAT good.