Wednesday, February 09, 2005

carrot cake

I went to Calypso Cafe today with my good friend JC. It had been a really long time since I'd been there and I was really impressed by their rapid and non-intrusive service.

I got there a bit before JC, because there was some slight confusion on the time (we now have each other's cell phone numbers - why we didn't already is a mystery...), so I had some time to leisurely browse the menu while I chatted with my friend Melissa on the phone (get better soon!!!!!).

I eventually got to the dessert section - and lo and behold - they had carrot cake. I'm a big fan of the carrot cake. We don't have this delicacy in Sweden... Big loss!! I think I like it because it has the name of a vegetable in it and that makes me think that it's slightly healthier than, say, chocolate cake. I also like the cream cheese frosting the often accompanies the cake... Anyway, later on, when the very efficient waiter came to get our check, I asked him to add a piece of carrot cake to go...

After my 1 o'clock (which lasted 2 friggin hours!!!!), I opened the bag, unwrapped the cake, and partook of the best piece of carrot cake I have ever tasted (ok - maybe not as great as the rum carrot cake, but who can compare?). It was fabulous. And there wasn't even any cream cheese frosting! Rather, there were white chocolate chips all inside of it... Mmmm. It was amazing...

"Better than sex?" you may ask.

Not quite... ;)

4 comments:

Tabita said...

It is indeed superior... ;)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm just here for the great running shoe talk. Oblique and not so oblique references to my brother's sex life, are frankly, oogy.

AnonD

Tabita said...

Sorry to offend. It's just too much fun to make you uncomfortable... ;)

appwiz said...

Spare a thought for the rest of us.