Monday, February 28, 2005

what are the odds?!?!

As most of you know, I am in charge of US orders for my brother, Namur. This means that when you select to place a US order on his website, I get the email with the order. (All of you should drop everything and order something right now!)

Anyway, the other day I got an email that said something like: "Hi, I want to order both CDs, but I don't have paypal, so can I send you an international check (thinking that I was in Sweden...)?" The buyer also included his shipping address. Something about the address caught my eye... Aha- it was a Brentwood address - I live in Brentwood! So I decided to look it up on Google maps to see just where it was...



That's right... The dude works 2 blocks from my office!! I emailed him back and said: "How about we just meet?" And we did. Today. At 5 pm in the lobby of my office building.

He got his CDs and t-shirt, I got the cash, and it was all good.

2 comments:

..:: J ::.. said...

6 degrees of seperation kinda stuff...

Balaji said...

Man! That is a cool story.
On another note, Google Maps are the coolest!