Sunday, February 27, 2005

famliy day

In our normal life, one person is always working (except when we're eating, sleeping, or watching our weekend movie). Yesterday, we decided that we would both take the entire day off and spend some time as a family(!) It was a gorgeous day, so we decided to go to the Nashville Zoo.

It was awesome! Being there - just the three of us - together - for hours - eating overpriced snacks and basking in the sun... Heavenly.


On the bamboo trail...


Our favorite animal was the red panda... So cute!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a real animal? It looks like someone Photoshopped a fox's head on a bear's body.

katie said...

I love the Nashville zoo!! It's the smallest zoo I've been to, but the neatest! It's so close to nature. It is a hidden treasure and everyone should go there whether they have kids or not. :o)

appwiz said...

A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter, and you didn't even pay for your sandwich!"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves.

-

Sorry, couldn't resist! But then, it's not everyday that you blog about pandas :)

..:: J ::.. said...

hehe, that was funny :) good one appy

Tabita said...

I don't have Photoshop - but in my dreams I do...

Katie, the Waco Zoo is actually smaller(!), but the same type of zoo. Very organic and lovely. So glad I discovered this one! I'm thinking we may join next year... :)

Appy - clever... ;)

appwiz said...

Hmmmm... tough audience. Not even a snicker.

..:: J ::.. said...

huh? *checks if he is back to being invisibile*

Author said...

Oh,you still havn't sent me the picures for my blog.

Tabita said...

How about we work on that tomorrow night?