Tuesday, November 09, 2004

blue states are healthier...

A recent study ranks the 50 states by how healthy they are (sorry to point you dear readers to the Fox and Friends website, but that's where I heard it - can't help what's showing in the cardio cinema...).

The point of interest for me is that out of the top 10 healthiest states, 8 voted for Kerry in the 2004 presidential election. Out of the 15 un-healthiest states, 14 voted for Bush.

I would say this speaks for itself... ;)

I'm wondering if mental health is also part of this study...


4 comments:

katie said...

a friend at work sent a link that also says blue states are smarter. can't say I know where the data comes from though...

http://attenuation.net/files/iq.htm

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, I think I've seen two national surveys over the past four years that suggest residents of "blue states" are more likely to have voted for a losing presidential candidate.

David

Tabita said...

yeh, yeh, yeh... ;)

Tabita said...

and katie - yeh, i've seen something similar... really interesting.