Friday, November 19, 2004

coping

I luv my hubby - he bought me the soundtrack for our favorite movie, Love Actually, and it arrived today - yay!! It is helping me get through an evening/night of UI flow creations... I've designed 15 so far - approx 5 to go. Anyway - this soundtrack is to die for. Amazingly terrific. I think my favorite right now is Here With Me - but they're all awesome!

Simon and Garfunkel are helping out as well. I enjoy Scarborough Fair... Did a sweet arrangement of that with my choir, Common Souls, back in Texas.

Todd also went out to the Walmart Neighborhood Market for some Smart Ones Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundaes to get me through this ordeal. He rocks.

Anyway - on a slightly related and happy note - looks like Colin is hoping to be the next 007.

Oh please God, let it be so!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Tabita's readers will allow me to indulge in a little autoemasculation...

I *highly* recommend the entire Dido album that "Here With Me" comes from. For me, it's that rare album where I haven't started to skip over the weak songs. None of them are weak. Of course it's all relationshippy and I discovered it in a post-breakup phase of life. YMMV as they say.

So there you go.

OK, now who's got surgical silk?

Anonymous David

Tabita said...

Ooooh - can u bring when u come for Thanksgiving?? :)

appwiz said...

Whatcha using for making the diagrams? Visio or FrontPage or DreamWeaver or good ol' notepad?

Tabita said...

Visio, baby - Visio... :)

appwiz said...

Since when? I remember you admonishing me for using Visio!!!

Tabita said...

when did i do that? must have been when i was young and dumb... ;)

appwiz said...

Irrelevant now. For the record, I *love* Visio. I spend more time in it than in Outlook or VS.NET :)

Tabita said...

visio is my friend. along with dreamweaver.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to interrupt this scintillating Visio discussion (by the way for drawing anything, it's STAR OFFICE!!! WOOOO!!!!), but I felt compelled to correct a misstatement I have on the record. Tabita's Dido song Here With Me is not on the latest amazing Dido album. It's actually one of the two listenable songs on her marginal first one.

As you were.

Tabita said...

When are you going to get a blog, Mr. Anonymous?

appwiz said...

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm not a Microsoft fanboy...

StarOffice is a package used only within Sun. It's ridiculously memory intensive on Windows and Linux (maybe not on Solaris+Sparc, I don't have a box to try) and doesn't have as much eye-candy as MS Office. It isn't any better than MS Office because all it tries to do is be feature compatible with Office. If I've already shelled out ~$400 for MS Office which I know, love and have been using for the past 8 years, why should I even consider this singular behemoth from Sun?

BTW, the difference between Visio and other technical drawing apps is the same as C/C++ vs. any managed language (Java, C#)... no explanation needed here, I hope.

Anonymous D, get your own blog and we can continue this discussion there.

Author said...

You three are craaaaazy.