Thursday, November 04, 2004

swedish colony

After the events of the last few days, I am seriously considering founding one... I've got several takers already and for those of you who are new to the concept:

http://expatsinsweden.com/

It'll be great! Good (highly taxed) beer, hot babes (doesn't help me much), lots of skiing, 5-6 weeks of vacation, 1 1/2 years of maternity leave (again, doesn't help me much - but it's not all about me ;), universal health care, blueberry picking in the woods, bicycle lanes everywhere, yummy chocolate, and cheap saffron.

Any questions? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see. I don't drink beer; I don't ski (no more snowboarding these days either); I can't get pregnant; I'm not sick (physically); I don't trust random berries found in the woods; I don't ride a bike; I hardly ever eat chocolate, and most importantly... up until 2 seconds ago (when Google enlightened me) I had no idea what saffron was. Also, in keeping with my new "only allowed to talk about sports" restriction, Sweden isn't good at any sports I care about. So what I'm trying to say is, "Count me out." :-P

Tabita said...

Fine! You go live on your island or whatever it is you are planning on... ;) (I'll miss you tho...)

appwiz said...

So, are you moving?

Tabita said...

It's a possibility (or more like a dream)... :)

appwiz said...

2 week notice required.